Tuesday, October 6, 2015

We WERE Liars
We are liars. We are beautiful and privileged.
What if we could stop being different colors, different backgrounds, and just be in love?
I love him, but I am not sure I like him.
He was a person who couldn't fake a smile but smiled often
He was contemplation and enthusiasm. Ambition and strong coffee.
I could have looked at him forever.
The universe was good because he was in it.”
I suffer migraines. I do not suffer fools.
Be sad, be sorry-but don't shoulder it
Be sad, be sorry-but don't shoulder it
Be sad, be sorry-but don't shoulder it
Here I am frozen, when I deserve to burn
I'll be fine, they tell me. I won't die. It'll just hurt a lot.
the world is  so unfair.
              I used to be strong,but now I am weak.
         I used to be pretty,but now I look sick
     I will prove myself strong, when they think I am sick.
 I will prove myself brave, when they think I am weak.
See the world as it is, not as you wish it would be
Things are messed up in the world, that’s all.



Gat and Cadence’s romance was a key story in the novel They were in love with each other and continued to love each other after his death. They were an example of young love and the literal fire it lights. This poem complements the novel because it begins by speaking about their romance and ends speaking about Cadence’s reaction to Gat’s death. At first she was depressed and oppressed by her grief, but she later decides to be brave and to make a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment